- Be patient, it may take some time to get it going, so if he doesn’t latch on immediately don’t be discouraged…
- It will hurt like hell for the first 6 weeks to possibly 6 months- Two girlfriends said it was not that bad, a dozen or so said it was… I’m preparing for pain and hoping for pleasant!
- Rent a breast pump from the hospital or OBGYN if possible- since they are industrial they do a much better job.
- Keep Formula on hand for emergencies-Don’t be afraid to supplement if you are not producing enough milk, or “if you are just too damn tired to get out of bed, make your husband get up and do it.” Thanks Kate!
- If it doesn’t work, it’s more than ok-One girlfriend said that, “I will have so many more chances to fail at being a mother, don’t let this minor bump knock me down.” I love her…
- If at all possible do not breastfeed in public- I have to admit, I find it a little jarring to see a woman breast feeding on a park bench. Still, I’m not going to walk up to her and tell her that.
Nov 29, 2011
Two confused parents=One amused baby Hopelessly we are trying raise a baby who is clearly smarter than both of us. April is an award-winning writer and blogger. Her work has been published in over ten countries and four languages. From books to newspapers, to print/online magazines and everything in between, you can find her work. For more on April, Visit AprilMcCormick.com